LIP AUGMENTATION TREATMENT
IN DELHI, PITAMPURA, ROHINI
For people who are conscious about their lip size or wish to achieve a luscious lip volume, lip augmentation with injectable dermal fillers can provide spectacular results. One can get the desired lip volume with lip augmentation treatment offered at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.
What are lip fillers?
Lip fillers (also referred to as non-surgical lip augmentation or lip injections) are the safe, effective, affordable treatment. A lip filler is a popular cosmetic treatment that involves the administration of various types of dermal fillers around the mouth or on lips.
To know about lip fillers cost in Delhi, one can consult a cosmetic dermatologist at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.
WHAT LIP CONCERNS ARE ADDRESSED BY LIP FILLERS INJECTIONS?
The lip fillers can be used to:
- Improve lip definition
- Create an aesthetic smile that is well-defined according to the face
- Increase lip size or fullness of thin lips
- Rejuvenate the areas around the mouth for a youthful appearance
- Smoothen smoker lines or lipstick lines
- Give more pronounced cupid’s bow
- Provide a more symmetrical or balanced lip profile in individuals who have had injuries or accidents on or around the lips.
So, in short, lip fillers can help one to achieve the desired shape, structure, and volume to the lips.
WHO ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR LIP AUGMENTATION WITH FILLERS?
Opting for lip augmentation with fillers is a personal choice. But this treatment is best sought for people whose lips:
- Disappear as they smile (too small lips)
- Have become flatter and thinner with age
- Affect the self-confidence due to loss of balance in contrast with the face
Any person who is seeking lip augmentation must hold realistic expectations about the outcome of the treatment.
This treatment is not suitable for individuals who have:
- Blood-clotting problems
- Active infection of mouth areas such as oral herpes and even those who have a record of suffering from it.
- An expectation to reduce the gap between the nose tip and lip which is possible with a lip lift (a surgical procedure) only.
BENEFITS OF NON-SURGICAL LIP AUGMENTATION:
- Lip augmentation by fillers is a minimally-invasive treatment that does not involve making incisions and the presence of surgical scars after the procedure.
- It is a quick and virtually pain-free procedure for giving a balanced look to the lips using a series of filler injections.
- The effects of lip fillers are temporary (i.e. last up to 6-12 months) as they dissolve in the body over time. They can also be reversed by an enzymatic breakdown. This means the individuals have a chance to experiment with their looks.
- The non-surgical lip augmentation results can be easily controlled. The doctor provides a completely tailored treatment to the patients as per their needs.
- There is no downtime which allows the patients to immediately return home and go to work or carry out their daily activities.
- There are no serious side effects of lip fillers.
- With fuller, young-looking lips the patient can have boosted self-confidence as well as self-esteem in both social and professional set-ups.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A LIP FILLER TREATMENT?
Initial consultation: It involves checking the patient’s medical history and current health status. Dr. Rakesh Jangra, skin specialist at Rakshaa Skin Clinic, talks to the patient about what the treatment entails, understands about his/her facial anatomy and lip concerns by assessing lips and face, and also discusses the goals of the treatment to help the patient have realistic expectations from the procedure.
Pre-treatment: Before injecting dermal fillers, the doctor applies a topical numbing cream on the lips and surrounding areas to be treated and leaves it for about 20 minutes for it to take effect. The skin around the mouth and lips is cleaned properly and markings are made.
The procedure: Lip fillers in small quantities are injected into the targeted or marked areas of the lips with the help of needles. The amount of injectable liquid filler to be used is measured using a vial. Typically, the vials of 0.5mL, 1mL, and sometimes 2mL are utilized, depending upon the results desired by the patient. These injections take roughly 30 minutes without a rush. After injecting the fillers, the doctor gently massages the lips so that the filler gets evenly distributed and there are no chances of having bumps, lumps, or irregularities on the lips.
Results: Immediately after the procedure, the results can be noticed. Initially, the lips may appear swollen, red, and bruised at the injection sites. But after 24 hours, the filler settles and the other symptoms get dwindled, followed by the appearance of well-shaped, filled lips which remains as it is for the next several months (about 6 to 12 months). The full results are visible after about two weeks of the procedure. After this, the patient may wish to have a touch-up treatment session for balancing of the lip filler in a further session.
Aftercare: One must follow the after-care tips recommended by the doctor to avail the best outcomes.
- Apply ice packs or cool soothing gel on lips to relieve the swelling, bruising, itching, or any other discomfort.
- Keep the body well-hydrated for quick healing.
- For the next 24 to 48 hours, do not get indulged in strenuous exercises as an overheated body and elevated heart rate can worsen the symptoms.
- Avoid high-temperature environments i.e. sauna, hot baths, sun-tanning beds, and steam rooms at least for two days as they can make the swelling more pronounced.
- Immediately after the treatment do not sip hot beverages or use a straw to drink liquids.
- Wait for 24 hours to apply lipstick or any other lip cosmetic product.
- Post lip injection, avoid the use of aspirin or any blood-thinning medication and only take prescribed painkillers for a few days after the treatment.
- Do not eat spicy food with excess sodium rather increase the intake of hydrating fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid sleeping face down, try to keep the head elevated on pillows.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol at least for 24 hours of having lip fillers.
DO LIP FILLERS HURT?
WHICH FILLER IS USED FOR LIPS?
Hyaluronic acid filler is administered into the lips mucosa that can hydrate the skin as well as enhance the skin texture and volume of the lips. It is a safe type of filler substance that naturally exists in the majority of the body cells and in the skin but it gets degraded with age. This is a popular lip filler because it has no side effects and if desired it can be easily dissolved with the help of hyaluronidase enzyme to reverse its effect.
HOW LONG DOES LIP AUGMENTATION WITH DERMAL FILLER LAST?
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF LIP FILLERS GOING WRONG?
The lip augmentation with fillers can only go wrong when there is incorrect administration of the fillers into lips. Fish mouth or duck lips are two visible after-effects of the procedure not performed right. Hence, it is recommended to go for treatment to an expert doctor only.
To get plumper and voluminous lips opt for dermal fillers treatment in Delhi at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.