DOUBLE CHIN REDUCTION IN DELHI
WHAT CAUSES A DOUBLE CHIN?
- Excess fat: This is the most common cause. When undesirable fat gets accumulated under the chin and neck region as the person gains weight.
- Aging skin: This is another most common reason that often people overlook. It is simply the natural aging of the skin that leads to a decline in collagen and elastin levels, thereby making the skin lose its firmness, elasticity, and volume. As a result, the jaw begins to sag which gives the same look like that of extra fat under the chin. Moreover, with age, there is a loss of muscular definition which highlights the effect.
- Genetics: Sometimes, the presence of a fuller chin runs in families. If family members possess a double chin, the likelihood of one developing the same is there. This is because of inheritance of traits like jawbone structure or being predisposed towards having less elastic or thinner skin, weight gain, or the likeliness of storing fat under the chin.
- Facial structure: This cause is not under our control as the basic facial shape that a person gets since birth can make the person more susceptible to having a double chin. This is found to be in people with weak jawline and recessive chin as they have stretched skin over a small area. The skin is less tightly drawn over the chin, hence only a small addition of fat or mild loss of skin’s elasticity can cause a double chin.
- Poor posture: For people who frequently have to crane their neck while working on a laptop or using a smartphone, this posture can weaken the platysma muscle which connects the chin and neck. As a result, the elasticity around the jowls can reduce resulting in a sagging effect and a visible double chin.
- Drooping salivary glands can also cause a double chin.
HOW TO CORRECT A DOUBLE CHIN?
There are several ways to treat a double chin such as the use of dermal fillers in the chin and jawline to balance out the face, advanced methods to freeze and eliminate fat cells (called cryolipolysis or CoolSculpting), or procedures like UltraSculpt (or Ultherapy) to tighten the sagging jawline. Micro lipolysis can also help get rid of excess fat.
The most popular non-surgical treatment options for double chin reduction offered at Rakshaa Skin Clinic are as follows:
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that is used to eliminate submental fat. Specially trained aesthetic injectors at Rakshaa Skin Clinic administer Kybella injections under the chin. The active ingredient of Kybella injection is the synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule of the body that aids in both breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When this molecule is injected into the targeted area, it is capable of stimulating fat reduction naturally. After the deoxycholic acid destroys the fat cells, they are naturally absorbed by the body and eventually expelled from the body. The treatment involves the use of a series of Kybella injections in small amounts to dissolve pockets of fat and the procedure hardly takes 15 minutes to complete. For optimum results, the dermatologist may recommend 2-4 treatments that are spaced about 6 weeks apart.
Kybella injections are not meant for obese people who aim to lose their body weight. It is suitable only for those who are in good general health and possess ideal body weight but have retained fat pockets in chin and neck areas which cannot be removed by a proper diet and exercise. In some clinical trials, Kybella has also worked for tightening of the skin and improving contours. It can enhance the skin’s elasticity in patients with mild to moderate laxity of the skin accompanied by a double chin.
This treatment is virtually pain-free because of topical numbing of the chin before giving injections. It is not associated with major side effects. However, it is normal to experience mild swelling or bruising and a short-lived pain at the injection site that resolves within a few days. It can be the best option for individuals who don’t want to undergo a more invasive fat-reduction by liposuction technique. To know more about this treatment consult the best skin doctor in Delhi at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.
2. Thread Lift
Thread lift is another popular, minimally-invasive procedure that helps to reduce the appearance of a double chin caused by sagging skin. In this procedure, FDA-approved, dissolvable threads are used with small tags on them that get latched on the skin surface tissues. When these threads are pulled, it lifts the skin and fat and tightens the loose skin of the chin and neck region, thereby creating a natural, slight lift and a rejuvenated chin. Some tiny incisions may be made in the target area using sharp tiny needles or blunt-tipped cannula to insert the threads. There are various types of threads available based on the material of which they are made like Polydioxanone. These are safe and hypoallergic and can be injected into the skin at different angles. Usually, thick and harder threads work for the lifting of skin around the jawline or under the neck. The doctors at Rakshaa Skin Clinic customize the thread lift procedure according to the specific goals of the patient.
This treatment offers subtle visible enhancements in the skin’s laxity and provides natural, instant results without excessive downtime. Along with immediate skin tightening, a thread lift also results in improvement of skin’s texture of the treated area that gets noticed over a period of time. During this time, microcirculation of the blood, fibroblasts growth, and new collagen production are all induced at the cellular level. Thus the final results usually appear at around 4-6 months post-treatment and can remain for up to 18 months. As the threads only penetrate the superficial skin layers, the treatment is not painful. Still, some people receive topical anesthetics before the procedure to make the treatment comfortable throughout.
A thread lift can only address the early signs of aging unlike traditional face or neck lift. It is a suitable treatment only for people who have good skin tone and are starting to experience sagging neck or drooping jaws. At Rakshaa Skin Clinic, an anti-aging clinic in Delhi, the skin experts also combine a lower thread lift with a dermal filler, use neuromodulators (anti-wrinkle injections) to achieve a dramatic slimming and beautiful jawline.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON LIFESTYLE TIPS TO PREVENT THE FORMATION OF A DOUBLE CHIN?
Common solutions to manage double chin:
- Perform some daily exercises for 10-15 minutes that targets double chin such as pucker up, ball exercise, tongue or neck stretch, and bottom or straight jaw jut. These can help tone and strengthen the muscles and skin in the lower face and neck area.
- Eat diet which is deficit of calories – the best way to lose the fat stored in the body. Some healthy eating guidelines include avoiding processed, sugar-rich, and fried foods and switching to more vegetables and fruits, low dairy fat products, whole grains, poultry and fish, olive oil, nuts, and avocados. Also, practice portion control.
CAN BOTH MEN AND WOMEN GO FOR DOUBLE CHIN REDUCTION TREATMENT?
Yes! Non-surgical double chin reduction is very popular among both men and women. One can visit Rakshaa Skin Clinic to know about double chin reduction cost in Delhi.
Removing double-chin can bring a positive changes in facial aesthetics. Contact Rakshaa Skin Clinic today to know which option is the best for you to remove double-chin without undergoing surgery.