HAND REJUVENATION TREATMENT IN DELHI
As an individual ages, the skin of the hands loses its natural elasticity, firmness, thickness, and volume due to deprived supportive structures such as elastin and collagen as well as hyaluronic acid. The fine lines and wrinkles appear on the skin. Worst of all, the hands give a creepy old look (a skeletal appearance) as the underlying bones, veins, and tendons become apparent. Other factors that could affect the skin’s appearance over time include sun exposure, dehydration, genetic factors, exposure to free radicals, and poor lifestyle.
Thankfully, for people who are self-conscious of their wrinkled hands, hand rejuvenation treatment in Delhi at Rakshaa Skin Clinic can help turn back the clock.
WHAT ARE HAND FILLERS?
Hand fillers are injectable substances that can be administered into the skin’s dermal layers at the back of the hands to resolve the issue of subcutaneous loss of fat. The dermal filler of choice to conceal the aging effects on hands is composed of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres (that are dense and malleable), hyaluronic acid, or poly-l-lactide. They are often “runny” allowing them to spread easily into the target area before getting toughened.
HOW DOES HAND REJUVENATION BY FILLERS MAKE YOUR HANDS LOOK YOUNGER?
Hand rejuvenation treatment provided at Rakshaa Skin Clinic, anti-aging clinic in Delhi aims to lift the depressions between the veins and tendons to minimize their appearance, reduce the lost skin volume so that the hands no longer look bony, and result in younger-looking hands. Dermal fillers help treat aging hands by creating a skin scaffold. Once injected into the skin dermis, the filler promotes collagen growth and proliferation which delays the natural aging process and enhances the skin texture and tone. Hyaluronic acid is used in filler to make the hands appear well-hydrated, fuller, and more youthful as it helps retain water in the skin.
Ideal candidates for non-surgical hand rejuvenation treatment:
- Individuals with visible aging signs on hands like wrinkles, loose and sagging skin, a loss of soft tissue fullness, and prominent appearance of veins and bones.
- People who are in good overall health and have realistic expectations.
- People who do not have a past of anaphylaxis/severe allergies or a bleeding disorder.
- Non-pregnant and non-breastfeeding women.
Hand fillers must not be given to individuals who have undergone concurrent treatments like chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, or laser resurfacing in the past 6 weeks. Even patients who are on certain medications like beta-blockers, anticoagulant, or steroids are not suitable for having these fillers. If the patient is suffering from an autoimmune disease or diseases that affect the immune system, then hand fillers are not suitable for him/her. To know if you are an ideal candidate for this treatment consult Dr. Rakesh Jangra, the expert dermatologist in Delhi at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.
Protocol for hand rejuvenation technique with fillers:
Before the treatment- The doctor makes the patient comfortable by applying topical local anesthesia, a nerve block, or local infiltration. It will be left for 15-20 minutes to allow for it to numb the skin of the hands. Before using fillers, the patient must be relaxed and in a comfortable position with hands kept stable beneath the heart level so that the doctor can easily concentrate on injecting fillers and detect the veins on the hands. For identification of volume deficient areas on the hands, the doctor may ask the patient to extend and flex their fingers. Antisepsis is also necessary to reduce the risk of infection prior to or during the procedure, therefore the treatment area must be cleaned properly with a disinfectant solution before injecting fillers.
During the hand rejuvenation treatment- The doctor pierces the skin with a small needle to create the target points. This is followed by the insertion of a blunt-tipped cannula having filler ingredients in a small amount (about 0.05 mL per entry point) to be administered into the deep subcutaneous skin layers of the hands. It is critically important to understand here that every patient has different precise positioning of the nerves. Thus, to avoid the chances of nerve or blood vessel damage, a cannula is preferred over a sharp needle to administer dermal filler in hands. Lastly, the treated area is massaged to ensure that the filler has spread evenly and has blended naturally into the empty spaces of the hands. This results in the molding of the hands into the smooth and natural final contour without creating any bumps or lumps.
The overall procedure is quick and usually lasts for about 15-30 minutes. This treatment can be repeated after wearing off the soft tissue fillers (i.e. after about every 8-9 months). To know about dermal filler cost for hand rejuvenation in Delhi meet the experts at Rakshaa Skin Clinic.
Result- Soon after the injecting of fillers, the patient may experience slight redness or bruising around the injection site which will subside within 2-3 days. A noticeable change can be seen on the back of hands i.e. soft, smooth, natural touch but the final desired outcome may take a couple of weeks to appear. Over time, the filler dissolves and gets completely metabolized by the body, leaving behind only the new collagen. The effect may last between 12-18 months. Every patient may show variations in the results based on their age, lifestyle, and medical history. Repetitive sessions can help maintain the results.
Benefits of undergoing hand rejuvenation treatment with fillers:
- There is no downtime. After the session, the person can immediately go home or to work.
- It is an outpatient procedure performed by certified cosmetic dermatologists or skilled aesthetic injectors in their clinic who know hand anatomy well.
- It is associated with minimal to no discomfort or side effects.
- The results are immediate, subtle, and temporary. If the patient is unsatisfied with the hand’s appearance, they can reverse its effect by dissolving the filler.
- It helps both men and women achieve natural, young-looking hands.
- It is a virtually pain-free, safe, and effective procedure that is quick to inject and is approved by FDA.
The following are aftercare instructions that must be followed by the patient to improve the results of the hand rejuvenation treatment and to minimize the risk of any side effects:
- Do not wear anything on the hands or put pressure on them for at least 4 hours after the treatment.
- Complete the course of prescribed antibiotics to prevent local infection.
- To reduce swelling or any discomfort anti-inflammatory medications, ice packs, and pain killers may be taken or applied on the doctor’s advice.
- Keep the hands elevated on pillows while sleeping to help minimize swelling.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or UV radiations, freezing temperatures, and heat in hot water baths, steam rooms, or saunas for 2 weeks.
- Do not indulge in heavy exercises that overheat the body for at least two days.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for 2 days.
- Take an appointment with the doctor to review the progress of treatment and the need for maintenance sessions or other treatments after 2 weeks.
- Do not put any skincare products with peeling chemicals like glycolic acid for 2 days.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN PRE-TREATMENT CONSULTATION?
WHAT ARE THE PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS?
In the days leading to the treatment, the patient must avoid:
- Alcoholic beverages for at least 1 day as that can increase the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Medications like NSAIDs as well as Vitamin E supplements and blood thinning medications must not be taken for at least 7 days before treatment.
DOES IT HURT?
As compared to face, hands tend to be harder and less sensitive. While some people might feel mild pain or discomfort by filler injections but mostly it is tolerable. The patient can expect to have a slight pinprick sensation as the needle is injected into the skin. If the treatment is carried out by skilled hands, there is no scope for much discomfort. For people with sensitive skin, a topical numbing cream can help make the procedure comfortable.
To avail the benefits of this treatment visit Rakshaa Skin Clinic, best skin clinic in Delhi, India.