ACNE SCARS TREATMENT IN DELHI
Acne scars on the face, chest, and back are quite common these days. On average, 80% of the individuals get acne whereas 1 out of these people will develop scars.
Removal of this acne either requires treatment, medications, or one or more procedures performed by the doctor. According to a recent survey, nearly two-thirds of teens with acne intended to see a doctor to consult about their skin issue, but only one-third really did.
It is highly likely that those suffering from acne problems may end up having acne scars. Skin-deep wounds usually heal without scars. Scarring happens when the structure of the skin is damaged. The simplest way to avoid scarring is to treat acne as soon as possible. Scars from the past can be efficiently addressed using Fraxel laser resurfacing and skin micro-needling treatments such as derma rollers. That is why the need to get acne scar treatment arises. For the best acne scar treatment in Delhi, one can visit Rakshaa Clinic.
WHAT ARE THE SUITABLE OPTIONS FOR ACNE SCAR TREATMENT IN DELHI?
Acne scars can be really frustrating. There is no specific treatment that is best suited for an individual. Either one or a combination of the following treatments will help to improve the appearance of the skin, depending on the skin type and the severity of acne.
1. Skincare at home
Applying sunscreen can protect the skin and limit the direct contrast between the skin and the scar. Some creams containing azelaic acid or hydroxy acids also help in this case. But, one should refrain from using OTC creams without consulting a dermatologist as they may cause more harm than good.
2. Soft Tissue Fillers or Dermal Fillers
To make the scars less observable, collagen, fat, and some other substances are injected into the skin. The results are temporary, so repeated treatments are required at regular intervals i.e. in 4-6 months.
3. Steroid injection
To improve the appearance of the skin, injecting steroids can also be an effective way.
4. Laser Resurfacing
This is one of the most popular methods and is often used on the scars that were earlier treated with dermabrasion. It is risky for people who have darker skin or a history of keloids.
These devices help in making scars less observable without harming the outer layer of the skin. It targets deeper (dermal) skin layers to promote new collagen formation. Repeated treatments are required to obtain the effect.
This procedure is recommended if the scarring is severe. In this procedure, the doctor removes the outer layer of the skin with the help of a brush or a device. The scars present on the surface will be completely removed whereas the scars present deep inside the skin may appear less noticeable. Some of the side effects of this include change in skin color and a little scarring.
7. Chemical Peel
To remove the top layer of the skin, a chemical solution is applied to the top layer of the skin to lessen the scars. This is a very commonly performed acne scar treatment. Although, the peels have to be repeated to maintain the results.
A needle-studded device is rolled over the skin to stimulate collagen. It is a simple, safe, and successful method for treating acne scars. The effects are minor, and multiple treatments are needed to maintain the results.
9. Subcision & Punch Excision (Surgical options)
Subcision is a stitchless procedure wherein the dermatologist uses a hypodermic needle to break down the scar tissue. Whereas with the help of punch excision, the doctor cuts the acne scars with a punch tool and repairs them with stitches.
10. Neurotoxin Injection
This injection consisting of purified protein is administered into the affected skin which automatically improves the appearance of the acne scars. Results of this procedure are temporary, so multiple sessions are required.
SHOULD YOU GET TREATMENT FOR ACNE SCARS?
Acne scars are permanent, however, they may fade over time. The type of acne scar you have will determine the acne scarring treatment you need. Atrophic acne scars, such as ice pick acne scars, may require ablative laser treatments, whereas rolling and boxcar acne scarring may also need ablative laser treatments.
Since these scars aren’t harmful, individuals think that there is no need to have them treated medically, but one does not have to live with them. Scars can have a significant impact on one’s self-esteem, confidence, and mood. They can also serve as a painful reminder of the acne problems.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ACNE SCARS?
Acne scars can be divided into the following categories
1. Atrophic scars (depressed scars) are caused due to a lack of collagen. Depressed scars have different versions such as ice-pick, boxcar, and rolling scars. Rolling scars: They are broad pits present inside the skin which have rounded edges. The texture is rough and it is caused if the surface beneath the skin gets damaged.
- Ice-pick scars: These scars are not broad, unlike rolling scars. They seem to look like tiny dot-like depressions, much bigger than the size of the hair follicle, but to cover it becomes a major task for the dermatologist.
- Boxcar scars: These are somewhat similar to rolling scars in terms of the depth of the depression but they have strong edges.
2. Hypertrophic or Keloidal scars: The hypertrophic type of scar occurs when the skin generates too much collagen, resulting in a raised, keloidal scar. Because of the formation of excess collagen, extra scar tissues get formed and elevate the scar further on the surface. Collagen gets built around the acne scar and this indeed increases the size.
How to prevent getting acne scars?
- Wear sunscreen. Sunlight is crucial because your skin produces vitamin D with the help of light energy. Too much sun, on the other hand, can darken scars. Scars will be more observable if the skin is darker.
- Picking, scratching, or squeezing the skin will cause inflammation, which will exacerbate scarring.
- Acne should be treated immediately. The longer one waits, the more likely one are to develop scars.
- Avoid smoking. Tobacco use increases the probability of scarring.
- Consult with a dermatologist. As soon as possible, get professional assistance to get rid of acne before it turns into a scar.